EvilleCon Convention Rules
- EvilleCon reserves the right to remove or eject anyone from the convention premises without refund at anytime at its discretion.
- EvilleCon assumes no liability for accidental injury or damage to personal property during the convention.
- Attendance at the convention constitutes consent to the use of the attendee’s image or likeness in any future advertising, recording, transmission, or reproduction of EvilleCon and consent to ejection without refund for failure to comply with the rules stated herein.
- Attendees will not be disruptive or disrespectful to fellow attendees, special guests, vendors, artists, EvilleCon Staff, volunteers (Minions), venue staff, venue guests, or other individuals throughout the convention and surrounding space. Disruptive behavior is not allowed and includes running, yelling, playing loud music or honking horns, horseplay, flying radio-controlled helicopters, unsolicited physical contact, or any other behavior deemed disruptive or disrespectful by EvilleCon staff.
- Hallways, aisles, and doorways must be kept clear at all times. Attendees obstructing the flow of traffic may be asked to clear the area.
- Smoking, drugs, and alcohol are prohibited in all convention areas and in the general areas of the venue. See Drug & Alcohol Policy for more information.
- Rollerblades, skates, skateboards, scooters, heelies, and bicycles are prohibited in the convention center and in the venue.
- Revealing costumes as so judged by EvilleCon Staff are not allowed.
- No soliciting on convention grounds. Any signs interpreted by EvilleCon Staff as solicitation will be confiscated and destroyed.
- The convention shall not be held liable for any lost or stolen belongings. It is recommended that attendees leave bags, purses, and personal belongings in their venue room or car. If you lose or find an item, please report it to Lost and Found (at the Registration Desk).
- You may be subject to voluntary search upon entry to the convention and at any time during the convention. If a staff member suspects that an individual is refusing voluntary search because he or she poses an immediate threat, the proper authorities will be contacted.
- Any attendee damaging or defacing EvilleCon property may be liable for repair or replacement of said property and immediate ejection from the convention.
- Disabled persons, EvilleCon Staff, on-duty Volunteers, special guests, and vendors are not required to stand in line for entry into any Event Room. If you have any questions, please contact convention staff.
- EvilleCon has a zero-tolerance policy toward theft. Shoplifters will be reported to local authorities, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and banned from EvilleCon for five consecutive years.
- Attendees must follow any and all directions given by EvilleCon Staff and Volunteers or convention venue security and employees. Anyone refusing to follow such directions is subject to immediate removal from the convention.
- If you have any problems, questions, or concerns, please contact an EvilleCon Staff Member or Volunteer. They will be recognizable by their distinctive shirts or badges and can be found throughout the convention or in the Registration Table.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
EvilleCon has a zero-tolerance policy toward alcohol and illegal drug use on site. Adults over the age of 21 are welcome to consume alcohol where permitted by the venue (Venue lounge, personal rooms, etc). Anyone found to be under the influence or in the possession of illegal drugs or minors under the influence of alcohol during the convention will be reported to the proper authorities.
EvilleCon prohibits the consumption of alcohol in public areas in use by the convention. Follow all convention center and venue guidelines regarding consumption of alcohol in shared public areas.
If convention staff suspects an attendee under the age of 21 to be drinking or intoxicated, a staff member will contact the proper authorities. EvilleCon DOES NOT authorize, endorse, or condone underage drinking under any circumstances. We will follow all local, state, and federal guidelines regarding underage drinking.
EvilleCon prohibits the following:
- Weapons prohibited under Indiana law.
- Real guns (even if they are disabled).
- Live steel of any kind, unless the weapon is bonded to a scabbard or other protective cover.
- Sharp objects of any kind.
- Projectiles of any kind, including Nerf projectiles, blanks, or air-soft guns.
- Loaded water pistols or other liquid weapons.
- Laser pointers or laser-aiming devices of any kind unless approved by convention staff for the purpose of leading a panel.
THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES ARE WEAPONS USED IN CONVENTION-SPONSORED EVENTS OR DEMONSTRATIONS. The demonstrators using these weapons are trained professionals, and EvilleCon trusts them to always keep safety in mind. If you feel that a demonstrator is being threatening to you, please let a convention staff member know immediately.
- DO NOT CARRY ANY PROP WEAPON OUTSIDE OF THE CONVENTION AREA! Law Enforcement Personnel may treat these as real weapons and will take serious action! Carry your props in a bag or case and remove it only in convention areas.
- All weapons must be tagged on site at the convention. Untagged weapons will be confiscated and held until the end of the convention. Weapons deemed by any staff member to be unsafe or to not conform to these rules will be required to be removed the convention space or will be disposed.
- Tags or protective bonding MUST NOT be removed from weapons at any time.
- Unapproved props or weapons bought at the convention should be removed from the premises (to your car or venue room) immediately. If not removed, they will be disposed.
- Any weapon can be confiscated by EvilleCon Staff at any time for any reason.
The Old National Events Plaza is updating their security to keep us all safe. You should see extra security staff around the plaza and at the doors. One thing that will be changed is that there will be security when you enter the building (main entry). They will be using a wand to detect concealed weapons. This won’t affect your prop weapons. EvilleCon Minions or Staff will be at a table set up nearby to peacebond your prop weapons.
- Autographs are given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please line up in an orderly fashion no more than 30 minutes prior to the autograph session.
- Items should be prepared for signing prior to approaching the autograph table. Posters should be unrolled and DVD or CD inserts should be removed from the case. Autograph books should be opened and ready for the guest to sign.
- EvilleCon does not limit the amount of things you can get signed by guests but the guest might place a limit to ensure that everyone gets something signed. Please keep your fellow attendees in mind and be respectful of time constraints. Please check with the staff members at the time of the autograph session how many the guest is allowing. There are typically multiple chances throughout the convention to get autographs throughout the weekend, so there should be other opportunities.
- Guests will not sign body parts.
- A Guest’s approval must be received before a photograph may be taken with a guest.
- While attendees are encouraged to converse with special guests, please keep comments brief so that the line can move efficiently.
Specific policies for each individual event are available at the Registration Desk.
- Attendees must wear their badge prominently on their person at all times during dances no matter the attire of the event.
- Each event has separate rules for attire, but regardless of attire, all costumes should conform to general convention policies.
- No containers of liquid other than bottled water will be allowed in the Main Events Hall during any dance at any time. Water bottles must be spill-proof and remain closed unless you are drinking from them at the time.
- Individuals who are disruptive, who appear to be intoxicated, or who behave in any way that jeopardizes the safety of themselves or others will be ejected from the dance and will not be allowed to return. Any of the above behaviors may result in the loss of your EvilleCon badge and removal from the convention, upon decision of EvilleCon Staff.
- No backpacks, bags, props, or purses larger than 8″ in any dimension can be brought into the dance.
- Glow sticks are allowed in the EDM Show, but MUST NOT BE BROKEN. Anyone found by EvilleCon Staff or Volunteers to have intentionally broken a glow stick on convention grounds will be immediately ejected from the convention and will be liable for necessary cleaning and/or repairs.
- Fliers must be approved by an EvilleCon Staff Member and will be placed on the Registration Desk or Assigned Table on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each organization will be allotted only one 8.5×11 stack.
- Fliers placed in unapproved places will be removed. Multiple offenses will result in ALL fliers for the offending organization to be removed from the convention.
- Fliers must be appropriate for all ages.
- EvilleCon reserves the right to remove any flier at any time for any reason.
- Fliers will be recycled at the end of the convention. If you wish to keep your remaining fliers, please remove them prior to Closing Ceremonies.
Round Table Rules
Round Tables are open forums for discussion on a particular topic. A list of possible talking points will be provided, and participants typically have one hour to discuss.
- Please stay on topic. Unless you are drawing a brief and RELEVANT comparison between the topic series and another, do not discuss other series.
- Take turns. No one likes to be interrupted. If someone says something you would like to respond to, politely raise your hand to indicate that you would like to respond. Likewise, if someone raises their hand while you are talking, finish your sentence and let them speak.
- Do not monopolize the conversation. Please be courteous and limit your responses to no more than one minute before allowing other participants to speak.
- Do not be annoying, vulgar, rude, or offensive. Except for the 18+ events, Round Tables are all-ages events, and the discussion should be appropriate for everyone involved.
Anime Viewing Policy
EvilleCon is dedicated to the enforcement of copyright law. EvilleCon will not show a series without rights if the series is licensed in the United States. If you suspect that a series is being shown without proper rights, please report your concern to a staff member immediately. Any series found to be without rights will be pulled from the schedule without notice.
These rules are based on the convention guidelines for Anime Boston, used with permission. They are copyright Anime Boston 2011, all rights reserved.