Recipe from: thedrunkenmoogle.com
Handful of Blueberries
1 banana (you don’t have to use the whole banana)
1 cup of Blue Hawaiian Punch
2 oz. of Simple Syrup
Simply pour all of the ingredients into a blender and blend. See, I told you it was simple.
- · 3 cups seasoned sushi rice
- · 12 inari age (fried tofu pouches that you can buy or fry yourself)
- · The cooking liquid from the inari age (or saltwater)
You can season your rice with seasonings at your local international market. I used Nori Komi (roasted seaweed and sesame seed) and shiso fumi (a kind of sweet mint like plant). I prefer the shiso.
1. Prepare the rice as directed on the package (this will take a bit of time)
2. Carefully open and separate the sides of the inari age so that it forms a pouch.
3. Moisten hands using the cooking liquid, or saltwater if you’re more comfortable with that, from the inari age to prevent the rice from sticking to your hands, and carefully stuff the inari age with rice, a small amount at a time. Do this very carefully as the inari age can tear very easily!
4. Tuck the ends of the inari age around the rice and place open side down on a serving plate.
Serve at room temperature as a sushi side or appetizer. Also, makes for a wonderful addition to a bento.
Recipe from: http://animerecipes.tumblr.com/
3 pints fresh raspberries, divided
1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I suggest adding an extra teaspoon)
Garnish: fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup white rice (preferably short grain, but medium is fine)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional ingredients: Eggs, chicken, onion, green onion, kimchee, anything really (I recommend this otherwise it can be a little bland. I did chicken and chives).
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in a pot (see the onigiri recipe from last week)
- Once the rice is clean, add in 3 cups of water and the salt and let the rice soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring the rice to a boil on medium-high heat, and then turn the down the heat to low and cook, covered by a lid, for 30 minutes. After that, turn off the heat, and let the rice sit for 10 more minutes.
Pour/scoop into a bowl, and top with whatever you want!